We’re excited to announce the return of Come Join Us By The Fire, our audio horror anthology featuring stories from some terrifyingly talented authors, available for free right now on Google Play!
Come Join Us By The Fire showcases a wide collection of horror stories from emerging voices in the genre as well as longtime fan favorites. Horror has always taken many shapes, and season 2 focuses on the endless and complex ways it manifests itself in stories – whether through inexplicable holes in reality, creatures that go bump (and worse) in the night, or the sinister ways our own minds can twist against us.
Season 2 features nine never-before-published stories from authors including Daniel M. Lavery (The Merry Spinster), Laird Barron (The Croning), Indrapramit Das (The Devourers), and Shaun Hamill (A Cosmology of Monsters), as well as 18 stories from award-winning authors like Seanan McGuire (Wayward Children series), T. Kingfisher (The Twisted Ones), Caitlín R. Kiernan (Agents of Dreamland), Kelly Link (Get in Trouble), Nightfire’s own Cassandra Khaw (Nothing But Blackened Teeth), Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Certain Dark Things), and Nick Antosca’s “The Quiet Boy,” soon to be a major motion picture, Antlers, starring Keri Russell; plus more from rising stars like Nibedita Sen, Matthew Lyons, and Jessica Guess.
The project is a way to preview the breadth of talent writing in the horror genre today, and give listeners a taste of what’s to come when Nightfire launches our first full catalog of books in 2021. There’s something for every listener here, so come join us by the fire and hear tales not just to tell against the dark… but to embrace it.
If you missed the first season, you can find it on Google Play, Spotify, Apple, and more – season two is available for free exclusively on Google Play Books!
Happy listening – let us know which story is your favorite!
Come Join Us By the Fire: Season Two
Table of Contents
- Cassandra Khaw, “Some Breakable Things”
- Sarah Langan, “The Changeling”
- Shaun Hamill, “Music of the Abyss”
- Caitlín R. Kiernan, “Standing Water”
- Tade Thompson, “Bone”
- T. Kingfisher, “Origin Story”
- Silvia Moreno-Garcia, “The Sound of Footsteps”
- Laird Barron, “Jōren Falls”
- Damien Angelica Walters, “Tooth, Tongue, and Claw”
- Sunny Moraine, “If Living is Seeing I’m Holding My Breath”
- Matthew Lyons, “Blood Daughter”
- Jessica Guess, “Mama Tulu”
- Daniel M. Lavery, “Prodigal Son”
- Seanan McGuire, “Emergency Landing”
- Indrapramit Das, “You Will Survive This Night”
- ‘Pemi Aguda, “Things Boys Do”
- Kelly Link, “The Specialist’s Hat”
- Clay McLeod Chapman, “The Fireplace”
- Nibedita Sen, “Pigeons”
- Camilla Grudova, “Ghost Bread”
- Catherynne M. Valente, “The Days of Flaming Motorcycles”
- Brian Evenson, “The Cabin”
- Maria Dahvana Headley, “The Krakatoan”
- Craig Laurance Gidney, “Spyder Threads”
- Mariana Enriquez, “Things We Lost in the Fire”
- Gabino Iglesias, “The Song of the Lady Rose”
- Nick Antosca, “The Quiet Boy”
Stories are narrated by Fajer Al-Kaisi, Clay McLeod Chapman, Frankie Corzo, Deepti Gupta, JD Jackson, Daniel M. Lavery, Rich Miller, Greer Morrison, and Natalie Naudus. They’re produced by Steve Wagner, with sound design by Sal Barone, Patrick Smith, Ethan Donaldson, and Steve Wagner.
Sign up for the Nightfire newsletter below to get the latest on Come Join Us By The Fire, our forthcoming books, and the rest of the horror world!